UAS Fisheries Technology student heading to Hawaii for her dream job

Brooke Olenski, a recent graduate from the UAS Fisheries Technology Alaska Dive Semester, is packing her bags and heading to Hawaii.  Shortly after pursuing a lifelong dream to SCUBA dive in Alaska, Brooke will be moving to Honolulu, Hawaii to take a new position as the Data Management Specialist with the Joint Institute of Marine and Atmospheric Research and the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center (a branch of NOAA).  Brooke said “This is my dream position and to be accepting this role directly after my studies feels surreal. Following my passion for data science, geospatial analytics, and ocean research has been a mission that involves a path I have had to create for myself. The Alaska Dive Semester helped me bring my skillsets with ArcGIS to our projects which allowed me to build my own experience as well as bring a unique perspective and presentation of data to our projects. The Alaska Dive Semester played a large role in helping me achieve my dream job.”  Best of luck Brooke.